Happy Friyay you guys. It has been a big week. And next week is going to be even bigger or older I guess!
This week. My child started walking! As I am sure you know, because I have been talking about it all week! AHHHH! I am so excited and proud and happy and sad but also ecstatic! SO many emotions.
With our encouragement, she took a few steps a few weeks ago. But started really walk last Sunday, all on her own! What what! She does this sort of downward dog move and waves her butt in the air. Then with her little feet in sumo wrestler stance, she props herself up, thrusts her little belly forward and walks!
It is still very Frankenstein or Franken-tot (as auntie Suz calls it) but oh so cute! And she is so proud that she claps for herself. She just walks and falls and laughs. Then tries again and again and again. I think this is her first life lesson in perseverance. And so far she is nailing it.
As for the bigger next week, I’m turning 30! Big 3.0. I saw this quote the other day, and it pretty much sums up this birthday. Welcome to your 30s: where all your friends are having babies, body parts hurt for no reason and being asleep by 9 is a regular routine, even on the weekends! Haha amen to that!
Also can’t go throw a big life moment without wise words from my bestie…
But despite the next chapter of my life, age-wise, not so sure about maturity, I feel pretty darn good about my 20s.
It is so bizarre to think that in my 20s, I went college, studied aboard, was a tennis instructor, had a corporate job, met my husband, got married, and had a kid! Busy 10 years!
And although I don’t have any crazy outlandish plans for the near future, I can’t wait to embark on the next 10 years.
Cheers to a lovely weekend everyone!
Here are all the things I am currently loving:
- In efforts to drink less coffee, I have been crushing on these chai tea lattes.
- Love these two love birds.
- Everything about this donut sounds perfect. Can I have this for my birthday?
- My favorite show is now in France. Oh la la… c’est magnifique.
- Loving all things French right now… as indicative by Pandora and my song of the moment.
- After recipe testing some pumpkin muffins, I still deem these my favorite.
- Read this cookbook gem and fell in love.
- Funfetti Cruffins? Say what?
- Fall 2016 capsule wardrobe aspirations. Mine looks somewhat like this minus the cute shoes, tops and jeans. Ha.
- This describes my week.
- Ever had Pozole? Mexican comfort food for the perfect cold day.