Friday, Vendredi, Viernes, Freitag… in any language, still the best day!
It has been quite the week over here. More house hunting, some baby crafting*, killer homemade green chile enchiladas, hiking, runs and catching up with girlfriends. Also throughout the week I’ve realized a few things:
- I’m a morning person not a night person. Super strange but I can wake up at 3 or 4 am and feel pretty good all day. However if I stay up past midnight, I feel terrible the next day. Even if I end up sleeping the same number of hours in both scenarios. I don’t get it but I definitely learned my lesson this week.
- Making cookies with coconut oil aren’t great. I recipe tested cookie made with coconut oil and they were crumbly and dry. They looked pretty and were decent tasting but texture was a fail.
- I’m a headphone killer. I went for some runs this week (yay! race training has started) and my right ear bud died… sad. Pretty sure I buy new ones every 4-6 months. I’ve been using Skull Candy ear buds but maybe need to branch out. Any favorite brands out there that anyone would recommend? #thestruggleisreal #firstworldproblems
- Poppy rules the living room. It started off with a cute little baby rocker swing, then a floor play gym, a baby exersaucer, a small play area, a big play area and now the whole family room. Let’s call it Poppy land. Since she can now SCOOT BACKWARDS, nothing is safe, not even the coffee table. Also now that she is mobile, our life is over.
- I don’t think I can live with a dog 😢 I’ve always known that I’m allergic to dogs, especially very fury ones. However lately I’ve noticed that I am even allergic to hypoallergenic dogs. No! Why?! I love dogs so this is a sad reality.
- Nice Minnesota winter days must be taken advantage of. We have had some warmer days this week, 35°+, which has meant lots of runs, walks and family hikes. Saturday it’s supposed to be 50!!! Picnic maybe?!
*I made homemade baby boogie wipes this week! It was easy and fun! Plus it is way less wasteful and more eco-friendly 👍 Will share details on the blog.
Alright lovelies have a fabulous weekend!
Interesting links of the week:
Our fury friends underwater. What a cool way to capture the moment.
The Oscars are coming! Thoughts, predictions? What do you think about the list?
With my fleeting memory, I’m pretty sure I have this to look forward to. I should pre-order this gadget for baby Poppy, from Ann Taylor.
I’m loving this EO Rose Water Toner! Who knew rose water had so many benefits for your skin.
I’m no designer, so always looking for expert advice. Painting small rooms – Design mistakes
If you have ever eaten fresh fruit or veggies from a European farmer’s market, you know this is true: Why produce taste better in Europe.
Showing a little belated Valentine’s Day love to John Oliver. At our house, we ❤️ him.
I secretly want these adorable enamel plates. And they are even baby friendly!?
Favorite site of the week: Simply Recipes. This blog is a trusty staple at our house as much as Ina Garten and Smitten Kitchen. Literally hundreds of straightforward recipes with clear easy-to-follow photos. Elise Bauer keeps it simple with comfort food recipes and uncomplicated family meals