There is nothing more exciting than taking a toddler to the beach! So much to do, see and explore! All you need are a few essentials for a perfect Beach Vacation with a Toddler.
Having just experienced 2 “Toddler Beach Vacations” and headed to another, I admit there are a few key things that make it an awesome stress-free experience.
Nothing crazy complicated or expensive, just a few beach essentials to keep your kid safe, sun-protected and having fun! “Happy toddler, happy parents” right?
We stand behind every single one of the products on this list since they serve their purpose perfectly, are affordable and are 100% toddler approved. Oh and I threw in 3 things for parents. We should get a little sometime too. Am I right?! And of course don’t forget to get yourself a beach/pool side frilly drink. You deserve it after caring for crazy kids 24/7 😉
Currently Loving – Beach Vacation Must Haves with a Toddler:
1.Surf Suit (UPF 40+): We absolutely love this suit! It covers most of Poppy’s body which means we don’t need to apply nearly as much sunscreen. Parent win👍 It dries quickly and it’s comfortable enough to wear most of the day as a suit or beach/pool attire.
2. Toddler Wayfarer Sunglasses (for ages 2-10): Fun, flexible and durable sunglasses! Our toddler loves to wear these polarized kid-safe shades literally ALL day. Also they are available in fun colors and only $8!!!
3. Small Beach Ball 12inch: The easiest and most travel-friendly beach toy ever! Travel with it deflated and then blow it up at your destination. It’s fun at the beach, pool or wherever you may be staying. Plus it’s cheap and takes up minimal space!
4. Toddler Sandals: Keen or Crocs Non-slip quick-dry beach sandals are a must for littles at the beach or pool. We are a Keen family and are big fans of the grip, fit and all-around look of these sandals. All 3 of us have a pair! #familytwinsies However toddler Crocs are also amazing for little wet and sandy feet especially since they dry so quickly.
5. Swim Diapers: Necessary for the pool and the beach, these adjustable swim diapers grow with your child and of course hold in #2 accidents. Perfect fit as well as fun prints and colors.
6. Adjustable UPF 50 Sun Hat: A wide rim hat to help keep your kiddo protected from the sun. We adore the head and chin straps on this hat, making it adjustable and secure. aka harder for Poppy to rip it off her head. 100% packable and foldable, thus ideal for a packed suitcase.
7. Kid’s Sunscreen: We have tried lots of brands and have landed on this Alba Botanica SPF45 Sunscreen. It rubs in well, smells lovely and protects our little from the sun.
8. Plastic Bucket and Shovel: Basic or Fancy Set This is a must at the beach with hyper toddlers. We did not travel with one, but instead purchased a basic bucket and shovel at our beach destination. However if you want to bring your own (say on a roadtrip), opt for the fancy set with all the sand castle building bells and whistles.
For Mom and Dad:
9. Teva Women’s Sandals: I absolutely love these sandals! They are the most comfortable things to wear on your feet when it’s warm. Plus they provide a bit of elevation to elongate your legs, perk up that butt and give you better posture. My #1 favorite beach must-have!
10. Aviators for Mom: RayBan or cheap version I am a big fan of Aviators (the small 50mm). They fit my small face and protect me from the sun while being awfully cute! For the real deal, go with the RayBans. Otherwise, I love the cheap $10-15 options which are great for traveling with a toddler, in case you break or lose them!
11. Fishing Shirt UPF 30: The hub’s fav beach must-have are these Columbia fishing shirts. They are comfortable, easy to hand wash/air-dry, and UPF 30. These shirts pack well, are wrinkle free and look pretty good too 😉
Wishing you happy beach days with your littles 😃