The end of the year is almost here! This means it’s time for the last FriYAY of 2016 plus some last minute Family Friendly NYE ideas!
Happy New Year’s weekend everyone!
How are you guys!? I hope everyone has had a fun holiday season filled with killer food and lots of family/friend time. I feel like it has been a while since the last time we’ve chatted.
It has been a big year for our family. Between moving, and now officially raising a toddler, life has been busy. Countless trips, family adventures, and sick sleepless nights were just some of the things that 2016 brought.
Unfortunately not all good. The situation in Venezuela, where 99% of my family lives, is worsening every day. But with the help of generous friends, family and strangers I am hopeful 2017 will bring much needed aid to my struggling homeland.
On the blog front, I have learned and learned and learned. This was my first full year blogging and I’ve loved every minute of it. Even the minutes where I am up at 4am trying to figure out how the heck to code something on the site. Ha! I’m learning very slowly.
Personally, I am happy. My relationship with the hubs has never been stronger. Despite being busy parent, we always find time for the 2 of us. And at the same time, it has also been a year of valuable family time with both sides.
So looking ahead, I can honestly say I am excited for 2017.
Excited for a year of possibility. My best friend is getting married, my kid will be 2 years old, I hope to pursue new business opportunities, we have lots of wild family adventures on the horizon and of course lots of cooking. AND EATING!
My goals for 2017 are simple:
- Take risks in business and socially. Put myself out there to try new things and meet new people.
- Teach Poppy to speak Spanish.
- Make time for myself.
- Work hard every day for the things that matter to me.
- Give back to my birth country.
- Spend more time outside with Poppy.
- Make more time for friends.
Nothing complicated just a few goals to keep in mind for the next year. Life is too short to just wing it, I think. I like having a purpose and I am beyond excited to pursue my goals in 2017.
As for New Year Eve plans this year, I am not a big partier when it comes to this day. Without kid we use to go to friends’ houses and hang out, play games and enjoy some cocktails. But now with a kid, it’s become more of a family event.
This year we are ringing in the new year northern style. Going on a candlelight snowshoe/hike with our little snow-tot! And I’m pretty pumped!
Personally my favorite type of NYE events are low key, easy, comfy ones. And if you are into that too, check out my Last Minute Family Friendly Low-Key NYE ideas.
- Check local state or city parks for New Year’s Eves event. That’s how we found our snowshoe luminary.
- Check with our local zoo! Our very own Como Conservatory and Zoo is hosting a concert and many more kid friendly fun activities all weekend long.
- Host a game night and order pizza. Send an email out to your friends (with or without kids) and invite them over for pizza and games! You will be surprised how many people don’t have plans yet.
- Movie marathon! Get 1-2 movies to watch, make an awesome pillow covered viewing area and stay up late with your kids. Have a fun dinner like pasta, burgers or pizza night and top the evening with an out of this world DIY Popcorn Bar or hot chocolate bar.
- DIY Pizza party is always a winner at our house. Use this pizza dough recipe, and set out your family’s favorite toppings. With older kids, have them make their own. Add in some Pictionary or karaoke and laugh until the ball drops at midnight. For little kids, make them their favorite pizza, eat as a family, put them to bed and enjoy a date night with your honey.
- Let the kiddos have a slumber party in your bed after a night of movies or games. You will get much sleep but it will be fun!
- Set up an early countdown (for younger kids) with balloons, party streamers, horns, hats, or other fun party noisemakers. And make a kid friendly punch for the little ones to toast!
Have a happy and safe New Year’s everyone! 🙌 til next year!
What are some of your goals for the new year? I’d love to know! Share them via comments below.