We made it. It’s FriYay! Emphasis on the YAY! It has been long week. A good one but a long one. For me mostly due to several sleepless nights with baby. Teething perhaps? Not sure but that is my educated guess.
Aside from that, our week has been filled with friend dates, more house-hunting, picnics, pretty rainbow meals, little sleep, Cooked documentary, running and baby cuddles. Also I’m getting super antsy for Spring! Flowers, leaves, sunlight 🌱 So this is why our meals this week have been extra colorful and vibrant. ☀️ Come on SPRING ☀️
This week I’ve had goals on my mind. I like goals. They keep me focused and present. Ever since I was a young tennis player. 11 years old to be exact. I learned the importance of setting goals and then practicing steps to achieving them.
Now I have all sorts of goals. Daily checklists, personal goals, mommy goals, lifetime goals, etc. My philosophy is that you can always be working on something. I’m not perfect and although I will never be perfect, I like working on things that I deem important. Here is what I’m currently working on:
- Shake it off. (sorry I stole your line T.Swift) Things people do sometimes annoy me. And I have a bad tendency of replaying it in my head and essential festering about it. Instead I’m working on either saying something to the person in the moment or simply giving myself 15 minutes to internally gripe about it and then get over it. For example: I had a pretty rude experience with a cashier at the grocery store about 2 weeks ago, and I swear I festered about it for 3 days! New approach, either get over it or say something next time.
- A little extra me time. I’m a pretty simple person when it comes to hair, makeup (or lack thereof) and overall beauty care. But since baby Poppy came around, I’ve done the bare bare minimum, like showering and washing my face. My 2 focuses are face and hair care. Making sure I stick to a simple but effective morning face routine and trying to take a little better care of my hair.
- Read! Books not the computer or my phone. There are so many books I really want to read. But with baby, life and blogging, I rarely find time. My goal here is to carve out 15-30 minutes a day to read. It doesn’t seem like much but I have to start somewhere.
- Friend time. This has been on ongoing goal of mine for the last few months and so far I’ve done OK. I want to continue setting up friend dates, doing thoughtful things for them and reaching out to my buddies from out-of-town.
- Stay positive. I consider myself a pretty positive person. But there are times when I get negative or discouraged. Similar to #1, I am fine with feeling down for a little while but then it’s time to look on the bright side. From my experience a positive attitude leads to positive outcomes so I’m keeping it positive friends.
- Be a better listener. I believe that being a good friend means being a good listener. And like most things, I think this is an area that I can always improve on, as a wife, mommy, family member and friend. Personally I’ve noticed times where I am mentally fading from a conversation or give my opinion which was not necessarily solicited. Instead I want to take it all in, be open, empathetic and thoughtful with my words, questions and feelings.
That’s it friends. Nothing ground breaking, just simple everyday things that I want to work on, for me. I hope this inspires you to work on something too 🙂
Now time for some well needed Friday link nonsense:
Need a good quick laugh, check out these questionable design mistakes. The hubs and I are still giggling about a few of these.
If you have not seen John Oliver’s take on the Donald, please do yourself a favor and take a quick 20 minute break. I promise it is worth every second. And while you are at it, go ahead and get a souvenir for a friend.
Simple outfit I’m digging for spring.
I’m trying to find a fun Easter treat to make. Can Churros be it? I can call these an Easter dessert right?
Imperfect produce need some love too! Have you heard of this?
Do you like HGTV’s Fixer Upper? Here are some surprising inside details!
A refuge for Americans if Trumps wins.
Perfectionism on the job. Haha I think a lot of us can relate.
I am totally making this for Miss Poppy! Like a candy necklace but more baby friendly.
Favorite site of the week: What Should I Eat For Breakfast Today? This one is all about the eye candy… breakfast eye candy that is. A very talented Berliner named Marta captures the beauty and simplicity of everyday breakfast.
Cover photo: movie burger night. Movie Star wars, burgers from MyBurger.