How was your week? I can’t complain over here… Hubs had Monday off so we had a fun start to the week. Otherwise the week has been filled with lots of chili and cornbread, sticky fruit messes, Star Wars, oranges and Operation Bed Time (or OBT).
Baby Poppy is starting to learn how to grab food and hopefully put it in her mouth. However so far she would much rather grab fruit, squish it in the palm of her hand and then drop it on the rug. I fear the food-flinging stage is coming next. Secretly though I’m excited for our first food fight… as long as I don’t have to clean it up.
Star Wars is happening! Making the hub’s dreams come true by watching Star Wars (IV, V, VI) for the FIRST TIME. Not going to lie, I kind of like them. Um, can we talk about how there is a person inside R2D2. That job must suck.
Also I’ve been sick this week, with citrus fever. Wah wah. Saw some beautiful orange marmalade at an Italian market and have dreamed about it ever since. So I bought myself some oranges and tested both an orange marmalade and blood orange upside down cake. Both turned out HEAVENLY… ahhhhh. Will be testing these a few more times, making some recipe tweaks and then they will be ready for the blog. Stay tuned.
And of course Operation Bed Time. Poppy is a bit of a night owl so we are trying to implement an early kid bedtime routine. Lets see who wins, baby or parents. Wish us luck!
One last thing. Thanks guys! I am getting more hits on the site, comments, shares on Facebook and love sent my way. From the bottom of my heart thank you. I am truly passionate about this blog and your support makes this worthwhile. Internet high-five ✋
Links from the around the inter-webs:
- Yep guilty of this, anyone else want to admit to doing this??? And yep I’ve had this stuck in my head for weeks.
- What a gorgeous mess of veggies! Anyone want to share this with me if I make’em?!
- I’m not crafty but I kind of want to make these bath bombs.
- Impressive moves and of course, love Ellen.
- #Freckles make us unique and different as proven by photographer Brock Elbank.
- Finally a promising looking chick flick. Definite girls-movie-night material!
- Excited to flip thru this deliciously monumental 5.5 lbs. masterpiece by chef Magnus Nilsson (you know, the Chef’s Table guy).
- Sports helping people and bringing them together. I love stories like these.
Favorite site of the week: BearFoxChalk Super talented local chalk artists. It’s amazing what talented people can create with a little chalk. Wife of the duo also has a cool blog FoxMeetsBear about life and adventures in Minnesota. ❤️ Minnesota Pride ❤️