What do you get the busy little toddlers in your life for Christmas? Check out our 2016 Toddler Gift Guide.
Are you in full holiday cookie baking, eggnog drinking, and gift shopping mode yet?! I am! And today I am currently loving Toddler Gifts ideas.
If you live with a toddler or know one, chances are they are very busy, have way more toys than they need, and would rather play with a toilet paper roll than with a fancy new toy. Trust me on this. Plus if it’s not your own toddler, their parents will appreciate gifts other than little toys that will inevitably be left around the house just waiting to be picked up or stepped on.
This list is composed of mostly non-toy ideas with the exception of a few educational or active toys. These gift ideas are things that we or our toddler friends own and love! Things that will stimulate, educate and engage toddlers but are still really fun.
So this year, in an effort to give less stuff and continue practicing minimalism with toy giving, here is the list of toddler gifts we are currently loving.
2016 Toddler Gift Guide
1. Events – Museum, zoo, indoor parks, or plays. Memberships or one-time tickets are perfect gifts for busy toddlers! Best part is that they could go with parents or with you! A favorite in our family especially in the winter months.
2. Classes – Like events, lessons are awesome gifts for toddlers and parents. Swim lessons, language classes, music lessons, dance lessons are all great things to give. Don’t forget about ECFE classes too!
3. Coloring Books – Coloring is a fun, inexpensive and a creative gift for toddlers. Coloring helps them develop motor skills, stimulates creativity and keeps them engaged. And for colors, my recommendation are Washable Markers or washable crayons. Parents will really appreciate this! In addition to color books, an easel will fuel your kids imaginative side with lots of room to color on.
4 . Toddler chair – Most little kids I know, including my own love sitting and flipping through books. So when I noticed some of our toddler friends loving their cushy toddler chairs, I immediately loved the idea! They come in all shapes and colors, they can be simple or even decked out in kid’s favorites like Elmo or Paw Patrol. Truly a neat way to create a comfy reading corner for little ones.
5. Kid music – Baby Einstein , Rockabye Baby, The Okee Dokee Brothers, and Charlie Brown Christmas are just some of the popular ones! It’s a simple gift that will keep kids entertained at home or in the car. And for travel, toddler headphones make great gifts too!
6. Books – This is hands down my favorite gift for toddlers. Most little kids I know love being read to or “reading” themselves (looking at the pictures really). Some of our favorites include What A Wonderful World, Good Night Moon and Dr. Seuss’s ABCs. Also great are books with flaps like this one or this one! Good thing about books is that toddlers can look at the pictures now, and then read them when they are older.
7. Musical Instruments – Pianos, guitars or ukuleles… why not!? My kid is a big fan of music and dancing, so toddler instruments are right up her alley. Give tots an instrument and watch them rock out!
8. Puzzles – Wooden puzzles is where it’s at! A fun way for toddlers to work on problem solving skills. And personally I am a just a lover of wooden toys, they are durable, environmentally friendly, and force kids to use their imagination. The original cool toys.
9. Play Tunnel – Simple and inexpensive, this play tunnel is just the thing that active toddlers need and is perfect for building forts! Other benefit is that it’s collapsible so it’s easy to store. Ever since we purchased one of these, our tiny tot has had a blast with it. Trust me there is never a dull moment with a tunnel lying around.
10. College – Put money in savings towards college is a really special gift. It may not seem exciting at the moment but kids will appreciate it later in life.